Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs Kblog: Daddy's my hero! IndiBlogger - The Largest Indian Blogger Community

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Daddy's my hero!

It all started with this video. This godforsaken video!!!


Yes, I am no son but the relationship that I have with my dad is no less than like that of a father and son. He is the guy who gave me my first glass of beer, a bat when my mum thought I was stupid to ask for one, he not only brought one but also taught me to play cricket, watching superhero movies together on the very first day was a tradition for us for a very long time, he and I can bitch about mum for a very long time (I am hoping mum will not see this and if she does, we love you)

My dad is why I can play tennis and chess, he is why I know a lot about cricket and football and golf and formula 1 and cars, he is why I bother about the news at all and he is why I can beat the shit out of anyone with just my wit and my knowledge! He is why I know and do a lot of things and he is why I am who I am!

Apart from the practicalities, he's taught me to deal with life in a determined and stubborn yet a very practical, real and calculated manner. Contrary to mum, he never interferes in my life. Even before I knew what was a boyfriend, he knew I'd come and tell him I want to marry my boyfriend. Yes, that was his counter when I said I'll never get married.

He's introduced me to the Hindi language and to Munshi Premchand. If not for him, I'd be an English woman in Indian garb. He's taught me endless stuff. The best thing about him is that he never ever imposes his advise on me. He suggests and lets me be. No, he isn't dominant. He makes fun of my other guy friends and my boyfriends along with me. I could go on and on and you must be wondering, why am I cursing the video if I have such happy a relationship with my dad.

Well, I was supposed to hug my dad and then write about it. Well, what's the big deal? The big deal is that I couldn't hug my dad and I don't remember the last time I did it. I just can't bring myself to it. Yes, there are times that I hate him but that is not why I can't hug him. Every family has a love-hate relationship and so does mine but my dad is my hero and always will be.

He is no normal dad but I am no normal daughter. So, how do I tell him that I love him a whole lot? More than anything! Well, I won't and I don't think I need to. Why? Because he knows and I know it too but still.....
This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks

No comments:

Post a Comment