Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs Kblog: Finally koi "India" ka Tyohar! IndiBlogger - The Largest Indian Blogger Community

Monday, April 13, 2015

Finally koi "India" ka Tyohar!

I am joining in on all the Pepsi IPL action in my own style with the #CrashThePepsiIPL activity at BlogAdda

How? By merely empathising with the feeling of India ka Tyohar. I love the sound of the song! Yes, I have always loved trash i.e. good trash. Yes, you heard me right, I said "good" and "trash" together and no, I'm not a crazy cranky PMSing woman or maybe I am but whichever ways, what I am saying makes sense!

What do I call good trash you wonder?

Chetan Bhagat and Durjoy Dutta with horrible English but cute stories that come with a message.

What do I actually call trash?

Salman Khan, Honey Singh, Pseudo feminism....long list.

So, why do the "India ka Tyohar" ads fall in the category of good trash?

Well, for the simple reason that they are celebrating an INDIAN festival.

Yes, shouty capitals were needed there, you ask why?!

Well, because have you ever heard of a freaking Indian festival? A festival that all of India celebrates?

There is a festival of the Muslims, the Hindus, the Christians, the Parsis and what not but not a single festival that belongs to India.

Of course, there is the Republic day and the Independence day but I can tell you and so can a mere Indian child, more people partake in the IPL than they do in the Republic and Independence day parades. Moreover, the intellectuals aren't even sure if the 2 days are worth celebrating but the IPL is huge and it promotes India on a grand scale on the international level.

So, it is amazing that they call it India ka tyohar i.e. India's festival. It belongs to the Bengali, the Sindhi, the Gujurati, the Sunni, the Bohri, the Methodist, the atheists, the Parsi and anyone else who cares enough to call themselves Indian!

So, why is it trash at all? Why do I call these ads any kind of trash? Obviously, because of the content.

Except for the sweet shop ad, the other 2 have very unrealistic content. No longer do we follow the Zenana system wherein the women have to stay inside the house and wear a pallu over their heads. Why make an ad straight out of a balaji telefilm "K" serial! Surely, they could come up with something more realistic.

If the former was from a "K" serial, the latter was out of a Bollywood movie. In fact, it reminded me of the Aishwarya Rai and Chandrachuran Singh starrer "Josh" (Yes, I have ignored Shahrukh deliberately). Gang Wars of the hockey stick level don't happen in city colleges anymore. You'll be taken away by the police if they did! So, again it was unrealistic.

How badly I wish "India ka Tyohar" was represented in a much more realistic manner! P.S - No, I am not a cranky, crazy PMSing woman!

You can watch the ads here -

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment